I'm Fucking Thirty

Monday, July 8, 2019

Hello Thirty! It's your favorite single white female addicted to retail, sugar, sleep, and numerous other things. I am not really able to dissect turning 30 and how I feel about it. I actually don't know what I had envisioned for myself at this age. I think I knew at 25 that my life was gonna be a big ol' mess with no white picket fence for many years to come. Therefore, I'm diving right into providing you with 30 lessons from yours truly.

  1. My skin has a mind of its own and there's no stopping it. The older I get the more surprise blemishes, bruises, and random marks I have on my face, legs, or arms. I surrender to it. 
  2. Water is still your best friend. Morning, noon, and night. 
  3. Sometimes the people you expect to show up for you don't. And you'll be surprised by who does. 
  4. If you're going to buy something because it is on sale ask yourself if you'd still want it at full price. Chances are you'll say no. Don't get it.
  5. Lizzo is everything. And I've been telling you this for YEARS.
  6. You have to push yourself out of your comfort zone. It's boring to stay there and you need good stories for your first dates.
  7. Most of my proudest moments did not happen in the workplace like I thought they would.
  8. Having a book of stamps in your wallet will make you feel like an adult. 
  9. Since you have stamps write personal thank you notes. 
  10. Health insurance is a fucking gift. 
  11. Don't go to the Dominican Republic without it.
  12. In fact, don't go on any vacation where you have to avoid water, ice, lettuce, fruit, etc. What is the point?
  13. Getting closure isn't a thing. The last conversation is the end. Don't go looking for explanations or reasoning. That fantasy conversation in your head you're hoping to have, is just that... a fantasy. So listen when people show you who they are. 
  14. Do something good for someone else when you can, however you can. 
  15. You have to get to a point where your mood doesn't sour because of the insignificant actions of someone else. I'm not there yet. 
  16. I'm addicted to gummy vitamins. I sometimes take more than the daily recommended dose.
  17. A lot of times people's bad moods or energy towards you have zero to do with you. Get over yourself but be nice and check in on them. 
  18. I always cross the street in the crosswalk. I've reasoned that I'll have a better shot at a lawsuit if I get hit by a car doing the proper pedestrian thing. 
  19. This is a repeat but do one thing every day that scares you. If there's something you're debating doing because of nerves ALWAYS do it. You'll never regret it. Unless it's a 12 mile hike with your brother in the winter with a hangover. You'll regret that. 
  20. Accountability is everything with goals. If I don't have some sort of accountability I'll stay in bed instead of going to the gym and live off Cheerios and Helluvagood dip. 
  21.  We LOVE a silk pillow case for hair health. 
  22. It's ok to feel alone or lonely in certain phases of your life compared to your peers. Embrace it, it'll make you stronger. 
  23. Patience really is a virtue. Mine is often tested at Price Chopper. 
  24. Donuts never fill you up. They taste delicious but I am always hungry two seconds later. 
  25. Everyone's family has something. Trust me, I've seen it all at weddings. 
  26. If you find yourself feeling jealous of someone take a minute and consider trading your whole life for theirs. See how that makes you feel.
  27. Somedays you'll feel like you're too kind to the wrong people and other days you'll feel like you're a bad friend and a shitty human. I don't know what to tell ya. 
  28. Tequila shots are only a good idea in the moment. Learn to let that moment pass. 
  29. Do not bite your tongue or hold back questions and conversations because you're scared to hear the truth. That is how ulcers are formed and time is wasted. 
  30. When you're having a bad day that could easily spiral into a really shitty attitude pause for a moment to think of 3-5 things you're grateful for. Perspective and mindset are everything. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Happy birthday to you, my beautiful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Happy Birthday! Would love to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan