New Beginnings

Friday, February 2, 2018

I am beyond superstitious. I knock on wood, four times to be exact. I believe if you start watching a sporting event in one spot you'll jinx your team if you leave and watch elsewhere. I don't put new shoes on a table, instant bad luck. I eat my fortune cookies after reading my fortunes, mainly because I like the taste but also because I heard you're supposed to for the fortune to come true. And I definitely keep my mouth shut until things are in writing.


But I'm currently having a Charlotte moment from SATC. You know when she's pregnant and happy and stops running (me too, girl, me too) because so many good things means something is bound to go wrong soon, right? (Rereading this I just want to say I'm not pregnant, not relating to that part.)



Last year I packed up my life and put it in a storage unit. I took a sabbatical from social life (lol yea right) and moved into my childhood bedroom for 7 months. I called it investing in my future. It was more like digging out of my past. As you may have previously read my mantra for that time was "2018, 2018". I knew it would get better. Positive thinking is a powerful thing.

So, I'm happy to write that over the last two weeks I've received some good news, in writing. 2018 is the year of better... so far. However, I will be avoiding Mexico because I don't want to shit my pants like Charlotte. I'll take my water filtered, please.

Anyone want to help me unpack this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan