I'm 26, bitches!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

I can’t believe a year has passed since the first time I decided to put my thoughts on the Internet. It kind of feels like nothing has changed, so I guess 26 needs some big goals. I like that my birthday falls about halfway through the year. I can look back at the last 6 months where I didn’t do any of my New Year’s Resolutions and pretend I’ll do them this second half. We’ll see. 


I wanted to revisit this blogging thing for my birthday since everyone was so nice about it last year. If you want to read that post you can do it right here. Who doesn’t love compliments on their birthday? Birthdays are weird. I don’t know why we put so much weight on one day but I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to get some love. 
Can I write 26 things I’ve learned in 365 days? Eh, prob not. Maybe 12 for 12 months? Here we go, gurl. 
1. Even if it’s a gluten free dessert apparently it still has calories - or so I’ve been told. Not sure if that goes for vegan desserts?
2. Realize who you can have drinks with and who you can share secrets with. Chances are they are not always the same people. 
3. Running still sucks. It’s still good for you. 
4. The friends you’ve had for your whole life are worth keeping. They know when to give you a break, cut you some slack, and pour you some wine. 
5. Fly as early in the morning as you can. Chances are you’ll get delayed. The earlier in the day you find this out the more options for flights home you have. (because it always happens on the way home #lessonslearned) (Yay for checking off 13 new states this year!)
6. Knowing when to shut up and say, “Ok” or “You’re right.” is a tough skill to learn but a good one to practice. Some battles are not worth fighting.
7. Making wishes with pennies in fountains is still cool. And they surprisingly come true. 
8. There’s a solid chance Patrick Swayze will greet me at the pearly gates when I die. My mom confirmed it. 
9. Speaking of moms, remember to call her on the days you don’t need anything at all. She’ll appreciate it and wonder what the f you’re looking to get out of her or…. she’ll be busy and tell you she can’t talk. 
10. If you find yourself saying, “maybe they…” - stop. Don’t assume people’s feelings or intentions. You’ll never guess right. 
11. Naked and Afraid is not a TV show about my life on the weekends, although it probably could be.
12. Promise yourself that you won’t let other people’s feelings towards you impact your self worth. You were you before them, and you’ll be you after them. And you are pretty great. (and they probably suck.) 
Cheers to 26! Get those 26 shots ready, Erin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan